Fawood Children’s Centre, Harlesden, London
This awarding winning, innovatively design & constructed nursery forms an integral part of the regeneration of Stonebridge Park in Harlesden, Brent. calfordseaden have been extensively involved in the regeneration of this urban area over the past 10 years.
The completed nursery, designed by Alsop Architects, provides a single sheltered and secure area, with the roof covering extended to cover play-areas and circulation between these two spaces. The completed structure using refurbished sea containers and includes a traditional Mongolian yurt.
Designing the sheltered external spaces as outdoor rooms ensures the site is usable all year round. The variety of colours, shapes and textures provides an attractive, stimulating and fun to learn environment.
This scheme was short listed for the coveted RIBA Stirling Prize, awarded to projects that make the most significant contribution to the evolution of the architecture. The scheme has won and been nominated for numerous awards, including a Civic Trust award.
The Stonebridge Regeneration project has made a major contribution to the quality of life of residents in the London Borough of Brent in what was once a 'sink estate' dating from the 1960s. It is a groundbreaking exemplar that demonstrates how community development, collaborative working, design and property expertise can turn around a former high-rise sink estate.
Client: Hillside Housing Trust
Contract Period: 3 years
Value: £2 million
Services: Employer's Agent, Cost Planner and Health & Safety Adviser
For further information, contact:
José Luis Parody
Building Surveying / Project Management
- T: 01689 888222
- E: email@example.com
- Orpington Office
- Fawood Children's Centre, Harlesden
- Tavistock Place, London
- Community College, Southend-on-Sea
- Upton Court Grammar School, Slough
- Saffon Walden County High School, Essex
- Primary & Secondary School SEN Framework, Bexley, Kent
- Tonbridge Grammar School, Tonbridge
- Independent Learning Centre and Arts Block, Chase High School
- Bishopshalt Secondary School, Uxbridge, Middlesex
- Khalsa Primary School, Southall
- Barts and The London Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry, Whitechapel
- Sure Start Initiative, Birmingham
- Hayes School, Bromley